What You Need to Know Before You Call
Realizing a loved one needs treatment is a difficult time filled with stress and what seems like endless questions, that’s why we are here. When you call a treatment center here is a list of things you’ll need and what to look for to find the best treatment center for you or your loved one.
What treatment centers will ask you:
- Substance Use History (What are they using and how much are they using)
- Are you willing to travel out-of-state?
- Are there any co-occurring mental health issues? (i.e. Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, etc.)
- Do you have insurance?
What you need ask:
- Are you an accredited/licensed facility? CARF or JCAHO Accredited?
- Do you have scholarship programs?
- What levels of care do you offer? Medical Detox, Residential Treatment or Outpatient Treatment?
- What type of aftercare do you provide for clients and their families?
- Do you have a family program?
Exploring Alcohol and Drug Rehab Treatment Options
Before you commit to a drug and alcohol treatment program you need to understand the treatment options available to you and what features are most important to you and your loved ones.
- Gender Specific Programs
- Religious / Christian Programs
- Non 12-Step vs. 12-Step
- Residential or Outpatient
- Private or State-funded